Tuesday, May 29, 2007

27 Things Reflection

Wow! Its been a long and arduous journey, albeit sometimes interesting and fun. I know there was plenty of help, but I was determined to get through it pretty much on my own. This program has definitely expanded my learning horizons, and know I won't look like a complete idiot when these types of technology come up in conversation. In addition, when library patrons have questions, I'll be much more equipped to answer their questions. Much of what we went over was new to me. I can see that libraries will start to incorporate some of this technology, not only for patrons, but for staff as well. I thought the program was fairly well presented, but had difficulty figuring out on the list, what numbers were associated with what weeks. Their was also not a way that I could figure out to view an individual progress log for myself, short of going into my email account and making a folder to collect all the webmaster emails that I received for each "week". This however was clumsy and they weren't always in the right order. I resubmitted week 3 because I couldn't find an email confirming this week. I guess I would like to see more training opportunities as new library-relevant technologies emerge, but it would be nice to have an idea of how much time will actually be involved. If I could go back in time I would participate again.

No comments: